1.22.2005

snob.

I think it's kinda interesting how my two art classes are kind of helping me with each other. Like, using a design process for public art and using my public art b.s. skills in design. And in both I'm kinda learning to basicly...be more stubborn..i guess. At our last design crit when Annabelle (the old design prof) asked people why they did certain things the majority of them basicly just said "because John (our current prof) said so" But I mean, if you JUST do things for your teacher/client it's not really yours any more, which is something my public art teacher is constantly telling us.* And many of them had no meaning behind anything, which was really werid to me. Maybe just cause I always expect people to up with at least some b.s. explination for their work in art classes, cause that's just what usually happens. I dunno. So basicly I think what I've learned lately is how to simplify and be more anal and stubborn.

I'm also realizing how anti-math I really am. I spent forever stuck on my programming hw because of my issues with simple algebra. It's frustrating cause I feel dumb. I've gone through geometry, trig, and calc but for some reason simple algebra fucks with me.

wishing I had more to a rant about other than school.. but nope, that's pretty much it.

I'm also starting to think I'm turning into a bit of a culture snob. I don't really want to be, but I mean "It's no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn't even speak to each other if they met at a party."** Really.

also, I probably mentioned this already but 22-Pistepirkko is a fabulous band.

*Like on Project:Runway (which I've only seen this one time) one of the fashion designers was just doing what the model told her and wasn't stubborn enough about her own ideas. And in the end she made a pretty but boring dress and got cut.
** High Fidelity, Nick Hornby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger