3.05.2005

doin things and makin stuff

Just got back from the CMA. 9 hours of painting (with a little dinner break). It's taking much longer than I thought it would. Probably cause I'm slow and my thing has like tons of little pieces at awkward angles. But it's kinda nice to be really involved in something for long chunks of time. Especially when it's just painting. Sorta relaxing and brainless. (as opposed to like hours of programming which is stressful and ... brainful) Apparently it's also already starting to rust though... After painting the second coat little freckle like things showed up everywhere. Not good. I really just want it to be done. I don't know how everyone's going to finish by Monday. Lots of people are still working on fabricating individual parts of their thing. I think I'm just the furthest along cause mine is pretty simple and I cut all sorts of corners, so it looks pretty shitty. I am anti-sanding, anti-grinding, and just pretty much anti-being anal all together cause I do enough of that in design.

One of my favorite things about being in art classes is being surrounded by art kids who are usually doing pretty interesting stuff. Maybe it's not my type of stuff, but it's still really interesting to see. I like the process, seeing people's stuff evolve and seeing how other people work. It's also just nice to be around other people who like making things.

There was this 'show' on campus today, like 50 boards set up in the MGH commons. They had black and white photos on them, taken by elementary school kids with little descriptions they wrote. It was quite possibibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, although I guess it was mostly just cute. Some of the pictures were actually pretty impressive too. I wish I wrote down some of the descriptions. The only one I can really think of was like " Self portrait: I like this picture because I'm pretending to be dead. It shows that I'm funny." I guess it's not the same without the picture.. but it was pretty good.

So, I know it was brief and forever ago, but I can't help but feel a little animosity about it occasionally... Animosity's probably not the right word. But it's the word that comes to mind. Maybe resentful would be a better word. I know it's dumb.

Mmm.. busy busy weekend to come. bed time.

currently listening to: the Cardigans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger