12.20.2004

orgy

..of creativity.

So, the flat mates (and most of the others round here) have left for break, thus officially starting the two weeks of totally uninhibited jayne time. 2 weeks of supersaturated creative potential. No school. No work. No responsibilities. No worries. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get such pure time like that?

Everyone keeps asking me, "what are you going to DO for two weeks all by yourself?" Anything I want to? I honestly don't really know... but I know I'm sure as hell not wasting it by watching television* or playing video games. I think I had my fill of that this weekend (and this whole quarter really), so I unplugged it all. sure I could always just plug it back in, but that's more work than I'd be willing to do for it anyways. I mean, on my own i don't really watch that much anyways so it's not really a problem. It's just going to be a little odd, cause i dont thing it's ever gone a day with out being turned on all quarter.

I'm still trying to decide about unplugging the internet... it's got a pretty strong grip on my sad little life even though 80% of the time is just spent checking email or blogging. the other 20% is spent reading profiles, blogs, ads... I'm not even on AIM that much these days, part of the whole hermit thing i guess.

I'm also debating whether or not to just do a straight up media free thing again. I did one earlier this year for a class and it was kinda interesting. 2 weeks of no tv, movies, magazines, books, and music (which was the only one that REALLY killed me). I'd be interested to see what it'd be like without having the stress of school and everything.

I'm gonna try to spend the next two weeks just making as much stuff as possible and enjoying myself. All those things I've been wanting to do all year, I'm going to try fitting into the next two weeks. No excuses. I guess this is another one of my personal tune-up projects or something, which is kinda exciting. They're always good for me.

*"Renegades with fancy gauges/Slay the plague for it’s contagious/Pull the plug and take the stages/Throw away your television now/Throw away your television/Take the noose off your ambition/Reinvent your intuition now/It’s a repeat of a story told/It’s a repeat and it’s getting old" -RHCP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger